Flood Protection Information

New Jersey homeowners who are in flood prone areas and are interested in elevating their home to reduce their risk of flooding can apply for the Mitigation Assistance Program (MAP). MAP helps homeowners cover construction costs for property mitigation against flooding damage, including home elevation. MAP may also provide temporary rental assistance during construction. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.

Flood Mitigation Assistance (link)


New Jersey homeowners can submit buyout applications online, in English or Spanish, through the Blue Acres program from the Department of Environmental Protection. Blue Acres will approve buyout requests based on need and funding eligibility requirements.

Flood Information

Note: Contact the Township Engineer at Phone: 973-882-2724 to make site visits to review flooding, drainage, and sewer problems, and provide one-on-one advice to property owners, in writing, when requested. The engineering department will provide property owners with elevation certificates upon request.

Dont Rush to Pump it Out.pdf