Glenn Plumstead, Zoning Officer
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Send E-Mail to the Zoning Officer
The Fairfield Zoning Department is responsible for enforcing the provisions of Chapter XLV of the Township Code. Listed below are typical functions of the Zoning Office:
- Discover and ascertain the existence of any zoning violations.
- Investigate any alleged zoning violation.
- Prosecute zoning violations in Municipal Court as provided by law.
- Report to the Board of Adjustment and Planning Board with respect to Matters Before the Board when Required.
- Review building permits for zoning compliance.
- Review, inspect and issue required zoning permits for residential and non-residential properties.
- Pool (above ground and in ground)
- Shed up to 100 sq. ft.
- Driveway (for new construction or modification / paving of existing driveway)
- Addition of any impervious coverage over 100 sq. ft.
- Temporay storage containers
- Occupancy for all oweners and/or tenants occupying space within the township
- Permanent and Temporary Signs
- Tree removal
- Fences and/or accessory structures
A copy of the Township Zoning Ordinance, Chapter XLV, is available to the public for review in the Engineering Department, on line or a copy, which includes the zoning map, may be purchased from the Municipal Clerk for twenty-five ($25.00) dollars.