The Fairfield Zoning Department is responsible for enforcing the provisions of Chapter XLV of the Township Code. Listed below are typical functions of the Zoning Office:
- Discover and ascertain the existence of any zoning violations.
- Investigate any alleged zoning violation.
- Prosecute zoning violations in Municipal Court as provided by law.
- Report to the Board of Adjustment and Planning Board with respect to Matters Before the Board when Required.
- Review building permits for zoning compliance.
- Review, inspect and issue required zoning permits for residential and non-residential properties.
- Pool (above ground and in ground)
- Shed up to 100 sq. ft.
- Driveway (for new construction or modification / paving of existing driveway)
- Addition of any impervious coverage over 100 sq. ft.
- Temporay storage containers
- Occupancy for all oweners and/or tenants occupying space within the township
- Permanent and Temporary Signs
- Tree removal
- Fences and/or accessory structures
A copy of the Township Zoning Ordinance, Chapter XLV, is available to the public for review in the Engineering Department, on line or a copy, which includes the zoning map, may be purchased from the Municipal Clerk for twenty-five ($25.00) dollars.