MAYOR AND COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
TOWNSHIP OF FAIRFIELD
MARCH 30, 2009 6:00 P.M.
Mayor Gasparini Calls the Meeting to Order
Pledges of Allegiance
Open Public Meeting’s Act Statement:
This Special Meeting was called pursuant to the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Law. Notices of this meeting were served to the Progress and the Herald Newspaper on March 24, 2009. In addition, copies of notices were posted on the bulletin board in the Municipal Building and filed in the office of the Municipal Clerk on aforementioned date. Notices on the bulletin board have remained continuously posted.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS
2. DISCUSSION OF 2009 PROPOSED DEPARTMENT BUDGETS
3. ADJOURNMENT INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION
AUTHORIZATION TO GO INTO CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION
WHEREAS, Section 8 of the Open Public Meetings’ Act (N.J.S.A. 10:4-12(B) (1-9) permits the exclusion of the public from a Meeting of the Mayor and Council in certain circumstances: and
WHEREAS, the Mayor and Council of the Township of Fairfield are of the opinion that such circumstances exist.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Mayor and Council of the Township of Fairfield, County of Essex, State of New Jersey that:
1. The public shall be excluded from discussion of any action on the closed Session of the Meeting of the Mayor and Council of March 30, 2009.
1. The general nature of the subject matter to be discussed is
2. It is anticipated at this time that the above-stated subject matter will be made public as soon thereafter as it is deemed in the public interest to do so;
3. This Resolution shall take effect immediately.
4. Adjournment of Special Meeting