Township of Fairfield Emergency Notification
In an effort to provide more reliable and effective communications with citizens, Fairfield Emergency Management has implemented Swiftreach Networks, Inc. as our emergency notification provider.
Swift911™ is a system designed to make phone calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information. Fairfield Emergency Management , Fairfield Police Department and other departments will use this system to notify citizens by phone of important information regarding you or your property. The system can make thousands of calls in a minute to convey vital information. These messages may include information on floods, fires, water emergencies, road closures, missing persons, evacuation orders, and weather emergencies.
The Swiftreach Network Data has been provided by a third party data provider and includes land line telephone numbers in the Township of Fairfield. It is important for residents and business owners to provide contact information such as alternate phone numbers or cell phone numbers or if preferred, the system is also capable of notifying citizens of emergencies through email, text messages or a pager. Accurate numbers in the database help to ensure, but can not guarantee, that emergency information will be passed on to everyone in a timely manner.
The alternate phone number would be called if your primary phone number is not answered by a person or answering machine.
All calls you receive will have the caller ID of “Fairfield Police 973-227-1400.”
To update your information please complete this form. If you do not have access to a computer you may call 973-882-2735 to provide information.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION BEFORE REGISTERING:
Instructions for Registering with Swift911 Emergency Notification System
- Submit multiple registrations for every individual associated with a specific location who has their own means of contact (cellular phone, email, business phone, etc.), as well as submitting multiple registrations for every address each individual is associated with inside the Township of Fairfield boarders.
- The address documented must be in Fairfield, but the phone number can be for anywhere!
- The Primary Phone number below should not be your traditional landline telephone number as we already have that as part of our 911 database.
- When entering your street address information enter it in the following order:
1. House Number
2. Street Direction (N S E W)
3. Street name (street name number is not spelled out)
Example: First Ave should be typed as: 1st Ave
4. Abbreviated Street Type (Use: Ave, Blvd, Cir, Ct, Dr, Ln, Lp, Pl, Rd, St, Trl, Way)
Example A: 123 S Main St
Example B: 555 E 4th Ave
You may also update or remove yourself from our lists by selecting the appropriate options.
Additionally, please be advised that before your registration is listed in our system, you may be contacted to review the data and authenticate your information.